Become a US Lacrosse Coach
All CFLC coaches are required to have a valid USA Lacrosse membership and complete the following tasks:
- Register with USA Lacrosse: Create an account or login to your USA Lacrosse account.
- Complete the required background check: Go to My Account then under Your Profile click Start Background Check. Background checks are valid for 2 years.
- Complete the Online Athlete Abuse Prevention Training: This is a 90-minute course with knowledge checks at the completion of each section and a questionnaire at the end of the course.
- Complete Coach Level 1 Certification: From your User Profile page, click the Menu button in the upper righthand corner. Find E-Learning and then Catalog. Go to Coach Education and Development and then CED Level 1 Courses. All coaches should complete How to Coach Kids and Developing the Individual Athlete. Men's coaches should complete How to Make Proper Contact.
- Get CPR/AED training and certifications: While working on getting certified, you can watch the following CPR and AED training video.
- Complete the following trainings on the NFHS Website: Work through the courses located on the NFHS Learn website. The three courses you need to complete are:
- Concussions in Sports
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Download the Crossbar app: Become familiar with the app and its functions. You should be able to see your team roster, communicate with families via the chat and see player availability.